Fence Line



The American Land Title Association (ALTA) and the National Society of Professional Surveyors (NSPS) have created a list of minimum standard detail requirements for ALTA/NSPS Land Title Surveys. These specific surveys are sometimes requested by title companies as part of land sale or mortgage processes.

Click here to view the minimum standards for an ALTA/NSPS Land Title Survey. The items on Table A on the last few pages of the document are optional.

As-Built Surveys

Your municipality may require a Foundation As-built Survey after the structure foundation is put in place. A Grading As-built Survey may also be required upon completion of construction before an occupancy permit is granted. Check with your municipality for survey requirements, as each city has different regulations regarding as-built surveys.

Boundary Surveys

We can locate corners of the boundary described by your legal description. If corner monuments are lost or missing, we will do the necessary research and computations to set them. A Certificate of Survey map can also be provided to show your boundary lines in relationship to structures nearby.

Building Permit Surveys

Whether you are building a house, garage, deck or fence, we can provide the necessary Certificate of Survey to show your land boundaries, existing structures and your proposed changes. Hardcover calculations and topographic contours can also be provided according to the requirements of your municipality.

Construction Staking

If you need to make sure that your project is being built according to plan, we can interpret the construction plans and mark locations of all new proposed structures.  Construction staking ensures that your project is completed on time and according to plan. The layout will be as concrete as the roads, utilities or buildings that are being built.

Elevation Certificates

When your house or garage is shown as part of a flood plain on a FEMA Flood Insurance Rate Map, your insurance company may require an Elevation Certificate in order to prove the elevations in and around your structure. An application for a Letter of Map Amendment (LOMA) may also be provided, upon request. Many times, an eLOMA can be submitted by our licensed land surveyors for quicker results through the FEMA website.

Line Adjustments and Parcel Splits/Subdivisions

If you are dividing land or adjusting the boundary lines between existing parcels, we are able to provide a Certificate of Survey outlining the new boundaries. Predetermined areas can
be calculated and parcel lines may be drawn to meet your needs and the requirements of your municipality.

Topographic Surveys

We have the equipment and expertise to measure land elevations, and we are able to show elevation change on a Certificate of Survey by using contours and/or spot elevations. This elevation information helps to show water drainage over and across the land.